Reporting

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Groupbox in ActiveReports 9

Hi, I would like to suggest a Groupbox Control like the Windows Forms Groupbox.
    I would like to have a property visible for me to show a group of controls for certain records e another records other group of controls.

Thank you very much.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Report Controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting on multiple columns

When designing reports using the web based report designer, it would be helpful if tables can be sorted on multiple columns - e.g. by surname and then forename

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Scott Willeke responded

We’re considering this one. I’d love to know if other customers out here are interested. If so please vote!

3. Type in drop-down selection

My use case is that I have a particularly long list of options when I am specifying parameters for a particular report, and I want to be able to type in the first few letters of the word and have Active Reports bring up the records in the list that begin with those letters.

e.g. I am getting prompted to select the name of a particular person from a list of salesmen for a performance report. There are 100 salesmen in my company. Currently I have to scroll through the entire list to find John Doe, but it would be…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Server Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Scott Willeke responded

Makes perfect sense I think we should add it. We’ll try to get this on the roadmap later this year.

4. Section Keep Together

It would be great to be able to set a section such as the detail section, or a grouping to be kept together on the same page. This is helpful in the case where a section renders over multiple lines. For example, if a detail section spans 3 lines, it would not print at the bottom of the page unless the entire detail section fits. If it doesn't fit, it would go to the top of the next page. The same would hold for a grouping: if the whole grouping (including sub-groups and details) won't fit at the bottom of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base