Reporting

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HTML End User Designer for AR 9

It would be usefull to have the HTML End User Designer from Report Server also in AR9, because we use ASP.NET MVC and some other companies (DevExpress) have such an HTML Designer also in there "normal" Reporting not only for Server Reports...

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. End user designer

We are using AR for about 15 years.
    we developed a very sophsticated End User Report mechanism.
    using the AR WinForms designer. Niw we are migrating our Enterprize application to the Cloud, but the web server end user designer proved to be very limited compre to the obe we are using, and also depending on Flash. I think this is one of the most strong features of AR' and fully functional end user web designer with sections and events similar to the WinForms end user designer will be a great advantage

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional Formatting for table cells in web report designer

Ability to set different Text color or Background color or Bold and other formatting settings when designing reports based on different values of the table cell.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add pie charts to graph types in web-based report designer

Pie charts are one of the most requested graph types by our customers

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Optional Criteria

I may just be missing this, but I would like to build a multi-use report that can be filtered five different ways. For this, I want to include a number of filters set to Prompt, but I don't want to have to choose a value for each of them each time I run the report.

There are ways of making this work (using the "Select All" in a list criteria), but it is still a chore to go through when running the report. I'd like to run the report and include everything with a single click of "View Report," and…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sorting on multiple columns

When designing reports using the web based report designer, it would be helpful if tables can be sorted on multiple columns - e.g. by surname and then forename

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Scott Willeke responded

We’re considering this one. I’d love to know if other customers out here are interested. If so please vote!

7. Pivot: Interactive Pivot Table reports in web based report designer

This idea is for the ability to use interactive pivot tables like the pivot table in excel in a report where the user can interactively change the rows & column groupings. Note this idea is for interactive pivot analysis, but there is a separate idea for static crosstab/matrix layout in a report at http://community.activereportsserver.com/forums/115455-discussion-forum/suggestions/2853165-pivot-crosstab-matrix-in-a-report-static-

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fit to Page

So far, I have never designed a report or seen a real report more than one page wide. I'm sure in other businesses such a thing is more common. For me, however, I am always in the position of fitting the most important data within a single landscape page width.

As such, adjusting the column widths in ActiveReports is a chore I must go through on every report I build. While I don't expect the software to magically size the columns perfectly, I would really appreciate an option to force the table to fit the page width. Then, rather than…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pivot: Crosstab / Matrix in a Report (static) using the web based report designer

This idea is for the ability to have a static "crosstab" or "matrix" layout in a report. Note there is a separate idea for interactive pivoting at http://community.activereportsserver.com/forums/115455-discussion-forum/suggestions/2853169-pivot-interactive-pivot-table

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide MVC helpers for web application integration

The controls provided in the SDK provide 'classic' ASP.NET WebForms integration but a lot of companies have switched to ASP.NET MVC. The controls currently provided don't support razor or other view engines.

I'd appreciate either MVC helpers or code samples demonstrating how to embed the flash designer directly into html.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Scott Willeke responded

Thank you for this suggestion! We’re definitely open to doing this as we are fans of ASP.NET MVC too. It will be great if you can give some specific examples of the MVC helpers that you would find helpful (heh, heh :) ) I would also like to know what you might expect their output and options to be too. This would help us a great deal to deliver the most useful tool for you.

12. Ranking

I would like to be able to group and count, and display the results by order of the count. Using your sample report "Track Sales by Genre and Month" I would like to be able to sort by Units (Invoice Line- Total Qty) Descending - so the most units sold is at the top of the list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stored Procedure Relative Date for default parameter value in Data Models

When adding a stored procedure to a model, we can assign parameters at runtime (i.e. prompts). That is a great feature. However, I have two issues with the way it is implemented:

1. A default value must be provided. If a report is created using the stored procedure, the report is run before the user is prompted for a value - when previewing the report. It would be helpful if the default provided while setting up the stored procedure could be set to require a prompt during preview. i.e. the default would only be used by ARS when running the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Section Keep Together

It would be great to be able to set a section such as the detail section, or a grouping to be kept together on the same page. This is helpful in the case where a section renders over multiple lines. For example, if a detail section spans 3 lines, it would not print at the bottom of the page unless the entire detail section fits. If it doesn't fit, it would go to the top of the next page. The same would hold for a grouping: if the whole grouping (including sub-groups and details) won't fit at the bottom of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Server Report Designer (web designer)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base